Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Stella

Meet Stella:




Stella is supposed to be a light summer scarf for me to wear in the office when it is too cold, or to punch up an otherwise "blah" outfit. It is knitted from Sirdar's "Snuggly Baby Bamboo DK", a soft bamboo/wool blend that I am just in love with. I mean really--I love this yarn. I would write more, but I'm planning on writing up a full review of the yarn later.

I found the pattern in Bev Galeska's Luxury One-Skein Wonders: 101 Small Indulgences , and I've been working on it since March. My original intention was to plow through it and finish it quickly, but there are oh so many knitted gifts I wanted to get out to people for their birthdays and special events that I just kept this project in my laptop bag as a "waiting for the doctor" type of project. Presently, the scarf is about a third of the way finished, but I'm becoming impatient with the lack of progress I've been making with it.

The pattern itself is short and quick to memorize, but also dangerous for that very fact. Finding myself too immersed in conversation or a television program to notice that the lace pattern is a couple stitches off happens more often than I would like, so I am forever going back to fix mistakes and re-count my stitches. Thankfully, the yarn takes well to my mental clumsiness and frogging, but again, more on that in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment