Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hello, hello, hello again!

Summer flew right on by, and so did most of fall! I've been swamped with my coursework and work-work but still knitting. Just haven't had time to put my thoughts down into a blog yet.

My wonderful friend Jackie of Jackie Ranson Photography (check out her work! I'm not just plugging her because she's my friend, but she really is super talented) is doing a 25 Days of Christmas photo challenge on her blog, and I thought I should jump on the bandwagon. I've been thinking about participating in something like that for a couple years now, and thought it would be a great opportunity to get back into blogging after my hiatus. 

I'm still finishing up a project for class, so my first picture will be up later today (or maybe tomorrow--I hope you don't mind me cheating just this once--I promise it'll be taken tonight though), but I won't leave you without new photos of a project I finished a couple months ago, Circe' Belle's Sixteen Cable Hat, as modeled by my very  lovely sister. If said lovely sister looks weirdly drunkenly red, it's my fault--I went a little red-happy when using my photo editor for the first time, unaware that I could isolate areas of the photo to enhance instead of doing a blanket type thing.



Hat was knit up in Cascade Pure Alpaca, and the red in real live is really as luscious as I've enhanced it to look in this photo. The yarn was soft and I'll definitely be using it again in future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment