Monday, June 7, 2010

On the needles

The husband and I had intended to go to my town's annual festival this weekend, but I was feeling miserable and the weather was in the 90s with 5000% humidity. We decided to stay in, he working on his shoot-'em-up video game, me working on a new shrug. We went to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival last month, where I found a simple pattern for a nice summer shrug--the Vienna Shrug  by Hannah Six. I've been waiting to get going on this pattern for some time now, so though I wasn't feeling well, it was really great to finally sit down and spend some quality time with it.



I'm about three quarters of the way through with the body; after that I'll have ribbed trim to finish around the body and the sleeve cuffs. The pattern has been really easy to memorize, and hopefully it will be finished by the end of the week. I'm using Shepherd's Wool worsted in Lime Green on size 8 needles, and am really pleased with the stitch definition and fluffiness of the yarn. Hopefully, I'll have something more complete to show off soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment