Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Citron

The Citron Shawl is complete!



It didn't come out as ruffly as it should have; I think I blocked it too tightly. Nevertheless, I love it. The pattern was detailed and easy to follow, and could be a good beginner project.

Citron was knitted on a size 4 24-inch circular, using Neighborhood Fiber Co.'s Studio Sock in Georgetown. I absolutely adore Neighborhood Fiber Co.'s colorways! While I do like earthy and neutral colors, some companies and dyers take it too far and their colors become frustratingly watery and pasty. Neighborhood Fiber Co.'s yarns are refreshingly bold and bright, and named for neighborhoods found in DC and Columbus, OH. You can't see it in this picture, but there are hints of a deep violet lurking in the yarn.

Enjoy the FREE pattern from Knitty here!

Unrelated but equally fun: my friend Kimberly has a fashion blog and is doing her first giveaway to celebrate her hundredth post. I hope to be able to do the same if there is enough interest in the future, so stay tuned! Check her out here, and enter to win a Merona zebra stripe clutch wallet: Fashion Momma 

Have a great day, folks! Stay cool in this warm weather!



3 comments:

  1. Hey, that's a gorgeous Citron! That ultramarine blue violet just WHACKS the eye! I made my first citron (unimaginatively) in orange, but I haven't blocked it yet. I'll be careful not to block as hard as I normally do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly why I bought that yarn--I couldn't stop staring at it!

    ReplyDelete